November 7, 2008

Postcards for Petr

I am asking for help on a very special project that a good friend of mine is working on. Iveta (my friend) lives in New York but she was born and raised in Czech Republic. This project is for a young boy named Petr. He is 12 years old and lives in Czech. She has started a postcard collection for him. Her goal is to have a postcard sent to him in Czech from each of the 50 states. The hardest part is that they have to be sent from each individual state so that they show that states postmark. As of today they have collected 29 of the states. She is asking for help from anyone who might live in one of the uncollected states or knows someone who lives there that might help.

All you need to do is buy a postcard, write a short hello to Petr, add .94 cents postage and mail it to the following address:

Petr Gutweil
Oldrichova 42
128 00 Praha 2
CZECH REPUBLIC


If you put your e-mail address on the card he will send you a thank-you with a picture of himself holding your postcard. (this part is optional)


The states in white are the ones they still need. They're also listed below.

Alabama (AL)
California (CA)
Connecticut (CT)
Delaware (DE)
Hawaii (HI)
Idaho (ID)
Kansas (KA)
Kentucky (KY)
Louisiana (LA)
Maine (ME)
Michigan (MI)
Minnesota (MN)
Mississippi (MS)
New Mexico (NM)
North Dakota(ND)
Oklahoma (OK)
Oregon (OR)
Rhode Island (RI)
South Dakota (SD)
Tennessee (TN)
Wyoming (WY)

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help with this wonderful project! Below is the link to Petr's blog if you want to read more about it and watch the progress.

http://postcardsforpetr.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Iveta said...

You are so wonderful! He hasn't seen your blog yet! He will LOVE IT! I will let him know right now you posted his story! You guys are really wonderful. Thank you so much! I don't have Kansas yet. It was promised, but not delivered yet. I would love if Larry could send one. I am so happy you guys joined us! Can you send me your family photo? I will post it on our Postcard blog....
I cannot thank enough!
Love you guys...

Unknown said...

Dear Heather and Larry, I just visited your beautiful blog and I had to
personally thank you! I am so happy that you are interested in my son's
story and even published it on your blog! It means so much for my son Petr
and myself. I really don't know how to thank you and your family. Sincerely,
Petr Gutweil

Jill said...

I just sent emails to people I know in about 6 different states. We'll see if they come through for me!

Idaho, Kansas, New Mexico, etc.