May 28, 2012

The Big Screen

We took Mason to the movies with us.  It was only the $2 theater...I would never try taking him to the full price theaters. We used to see movies all the time with the kids but when Mason came along he kind of put a cramp in our style.  It's so hard finding babysitters so we just don't go...or just Larry or I will take the older kids while the other stays home with Mason. But that's no fun. So I thought I would give it a try. We loaded up on candy and popcorn and I prayed that he would be good.  I should of know better, the fact that he's not the slightest bit interested in movies or TV at home should of been my first clue.

Even a bag of gummy bears and a giant bucket of popcorn weren't enough to keep him still. Five minutes into the movie we had to go out.  We were at Superstition Springs Mall so I took him outside and he ran around the big amphitheater for about an hour...thank goodness the weather was nice.  Then I gave it another try. I got smart this time and put his binky in his mouth.  That helped him calm down and be still.  He fell  asleep on my lap so I caught the last 20 minutes of the movie. 

The amazing thing is, I didn't get upset or frustrated.  I'm happy that my older kids enjoyed the movie and had a good time.  I figure it's worth the hassle just for that.

No comments: