January 17, 2011

Tonto Natural Bridge

We took advantage of a day off and headed out of town. Can you believe that I've lived here for 37 years and I've never seen the Tonto Natural Bridge...I need to get out more often. The weather was perfect, the scenery was beautiful, the hike was fairly easy and we had great friends to enjoy it with. The dads were working so it was just us moms and all the kids.






I was a little nervous about taking Mason but he did great in the backpack. He even took a little nap. Haley carried him all the way down and LeAnn carried him out. What a great daughter & friend I have...looking out for me and my crippled back!




There was a really steep part that us girls were all afraid of...I think the boys just ran down it. Thank goodness for Haley, she took the baby down first then came back up for the rest of us.







Mason was in Heaven! Look at all that hair he had to pull.


I love this picture, it's so sweet.


Poor Nate started running a fever during the hike and had a rough time getting back up the mountain.


After the hike we headed to town and played at the skate park for awhile.





It was a great day and we can't wait to do it again when Larry can come with us

2 comments:

Bekki said...

Ooo, that looks like so much fun. You are a good mom to brave doing that with your kids by yourself! So glad the back pack worked out! You are welcome to it anytime.

LeAnn said...

we had so much fun thanks for a great day!!