March 25, 2011

My sweet little guy had tubes put in his ears on Tuesday. I've been anxiously awaiting this day for almost 3 weeks now and I'm soooo glad it's finally over. He really needed them. He's had one infection after another for the last 3 months. He's been on antibiotics 9 times and had 4 awful, painful antibiotic shots. Nothing seemed to work. Sometimes it would clear up but only for about a week then it would be back. I feel like the urgent care has been my second home lately.

He's not like normal kids who get a fever when they have an ear infection, in fact he's never once had a fever but he does get these rosy red cheeks which are feverish to the touch. Weird!


He did great with the procedure. It was fast and simple and once he fully came out of the anesthesia we could tell immediately that he felt better. The Dr. said that some kids feel an instant relief because the fluid that is built up behind the ear drum causes a lot of pressure and when they insert the tube the fluid starts draining and releases the pressure. I think this was the case with Mason because he was so happy the rest of the day and then he gave me 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep that night, something he hasn't done in quit awhile.

I'm so relieved to have my happy baby back and I hope now we can get back to a normal life with a normal sleeping schedule.



2 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

Oh Heather, that rosy cheek picture makes me so sad. Poor little baby! I'm so glad that it went well, and that he is feeling better and getting some rest. Good for all of you, that will make everyone feel better. He is adorable!

Unknown said...

so glad everything went well!!