October 13, 2011

Pulled Tooth

Jake went to the dentist yesterday for his regular 6 month checkup. They found a tiny bubble on his gum which means he has an infected tooth. They wanted to pull it and put a spacer in. I wasn't completely convinced so I contacted Josh and asked him if he would look at it. He got us right in. But after taking one look he said it needed to be pulled. I was bummed because I was hoping we could save the tooth. So I'm thinking in my head that we just wasted a trip coming all the way down here and wasted Josh's time who squeezed us in his already busy schedule. Then the next thing I know he whipped out the big Q-tip with the numbing gel on it. He stuck it in Jake's mouth and Jakes eyes went all big. In 5 minutes he had that tooth pulled. It was all so fast Jake didn't even have time to be scared. And no spacer needed...we could see the permanent on the x-ray right there ready to come down. So we walked in expecting a quick consult and walked out with one less tooth in Jake's mouth!

I just hope he still likes Josh after the numbness wears off and it starts to hurt.



Poor guy, not exactly something he wanted to do during his fall break.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

i love all the new pictures!and wow thats a big tooth!!