May 4, 2009

Haley turned 14!

Saturday was Haley's 14th birthday. I wanted to post this on her birthday but I was so sick that I spent the weekend in bed. So I'm afraid it wasn't much of a birthday for her but that doesn't mean she's any less special. Haley is the best daughter I could have ever asked for. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent her down to be our first child. She is so helpful to me around the house and with the boys. I would be totally lost without her. I love how she is so thoughtful of others and gives everything her all. She is an excellent student, musician & athlete and is growing into a beautiful young woman who knows who she is and what she wants in life. She loves her Savior and her Heavenly Father and has a strong testimony of the gospel. She has such a sweet spirit and is genuinely a kind person. It makes me sad to know that I only have about 5 more years with her before she goes off to college (she's pushing for BYU but we're rooting for ASU).

Here's a look back

1 month old.



2 years


5 years - first day of kindergarten


8 years - Baptism


10 years



And here she at 14. Yes, she is making her own birthday cake because I was too sick to do it. Isn't she beautiful!


Here she is blowing out the candles on the cake that she made and then cleaning up the mess that the family made while celebrating.





This was her dads special birthday gift for her. Yes, even though I adore her to death I still love to embarras her (which apparently I do quit often).


She's such a trooper and never complained once. The whole day wasn't a total loss though. Her Aunt Tammie took her to lunch and then shopping to get a new swimming suit and after taking four Advil to get my fevor to break I dragged myself out of bed and took her to Deseret Book to buy a new CTR ring. I didn't even look in the mirror so I'm sure I was a scarry sight. That's OK -- she was worth it.

Happy Birthday Haley!
We Love You!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Haley! I love that you made your own cake, give your poor mom a break! You are a great kid and have loved watching you grow up.

Leslie said...

What a great smile!

Iveta said...

Breathtaking ... HB Haley! Love u, Iveta