December 19, 2010

Family Christmas Party 2010

We got smart this year and instead of trying to have the family Christmas Party on Christmas Eve we had it a week early. It was so much better this year and now we can all spend Christmas Eve just hanging with our own little families at home.

We did it potluck style which is my favorite and did a fun gift exchange. The kids each brought a $1 gift. They sat in a circle and Aunt Tammie read a Christmas story and every time she said the word "Santa" they had to pass their present to the person next to them. It was a LONG story and the presents made it around the circle 1 1/2 times (with 16 kids that's a lot of passing) and the funny thing is all my kids ended up with the gifts they brought.

Then the adults did a $5 white elephant style gift exchange. It was kind of slow at first because nobody would steal but once we got to the end I didn't think it was ever going to end. I ended up with a bottle of sparkling cider and two wine glasses and Larry got the old Batman Returns DVD with Michael Keaton & Danny DeVito.

It was a lot of fun and I hope we keep up the tradition for many years to come.








Here's my super cute nephew Braden whose mother announced at the end of the night that they would be adding baby number 2 (grandbaby no. 23) in August! I'm secretly hoping it will be another boy so Mason has some boy cousins close to his age to play with and with the ratio of boys to girls (only 5 girls out of those 23 grandchildren) I think the odds are in my favor. Congratulations Meagan & Roy!!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

HAHA That's a funny picture of Braden. Thanks for being excited for us! We think it's a boy. :)