December 27, 2008

Christmas

Another Christmas has come and gone and I think it was one of the best Christmases we've ever had. It was a very special one for my family. The best part was being around all of our family and friends. We are so lucky to have so much family so close. We have also felt the love and generosity of strangers. Someone did the Twelve Days of Christmas for us and as hard as my kids tried to catch them in the act they were not successful. Our secret Santa remains a mystery and if by chance this person or family reads my blog I want to say thank you so very much. It was an experience that we will never forget.

Christmas Eve

One tradition we have is getting together at my dad's on Christmas Eve and having the kids act out the Nativity. One of our many gifts from our Secret Santa was costumes for this. Here are a few pictures of the kids.
Mary & Joseph

The Angels

Wisemen & Shepherd's


This is the Wiseman Kaleb kissing baby Jesus

Christmas Morning

Santa was very good to us this year. He brought the kids a Wii. They have been asking Santa for this for a couple of years now. He finally came through.


He brought Jaxson a new bike.


Jaxson's favorite gift was his dinosaurs that our Secret Santa gave him.


We had Christmas dinner at my house. Because of the rain I knew the kids couldn't play outside and I was a little worried about it being insane crazy. But thanks to the Wii that Santa brought they stayed down in the basement all night. There wasn't even any fighting, they all waited patiently for their turn - it's a Christmas Miracle! THANK YOU SANTA!

4 comments:

BERNI said...

Bonne et heueuse année 2009 à toute la bande Hannah
Bernard
www.magstatt-le-haut.fr
www.tableauxdeberni.com

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome Christmas!

I love the nativity idea! I have heard of so many families doing that and I think it is awesome! Too bad my kids are the only grandkids....

Jill said...

I hope you are feeling better, sorry i missed you last night. Looks like you had a great Christmas. We did too. see you soon.

Angie P. said...

Oh, no, Heather! Jaxson with a bike!! There's no containing him now!! He looks so happy!