December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

Last weekend went by in a big blur. It always seems like that when I have time off from work. Let's see if I can summarize it in just a few sentences (yeah right). Thanksgiving was at my dad's this year (thank goodness - it's been at my house the last two years). We had all the yummy traditional foods including 3 turkey's - one oven-baked, one fried & one smoked. My favorite was the fried - lot's of flavor! We then spent the evening playing games. I didn't get any pictures but my sister took a few. This is all the grandkids minus Haley, McKensie & Kelly's kids.


Friday started out reeeeeealy early at Wal-mart. I got a couple of great deal which I can't name because my kids read this blog. I was excited this year because Larry was home to go with me. I don't think he shared in my excitement. This is what he looked like after about 2 hours of early morning shopping.

snoozing in the car


We spent the rest of the day playing more games - we're a game playing family! Saturday we went to see Madagascar which I didn't really enjoy but everyone else seemed to like it. Sunday was spent chillin' and recovering from the Holiday madness.

I am thankful that I am surrounded by my family during this holiday season. I don't know what I would do without every single one of them.

4 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

You guys are crazy. I still have never been out way early on Black Friday. Maybe some day I'll get brave & go with you. Probably not. I would probably just have to stay up all night, I don't get up early very well.

Unknown said...

I am surprised we didn't run into eachother at Walmart! I was there at the crack of dawn!

James and Jenni McBride said...

Come on Larry! Man up and tell the truth, you enjoyed the beauty that we call Black Friday. I remember a certain time when you, Jeff, and Augie had to get up and drive 20 minutes from my house on Black Friday morning to get a digital camera. I know you liked it.

Positively Creative! said...

Hey, we saw Larry and Augie at Target....that's too funny..we had a blast too..Ray and I do Black Friday every year too and It's so fun!! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!