November 25, 2008

I Love Fall!

Fall is my favorite time of the year. Not only are we gearing up for all the holidays but it's when the weather usually starts to cool off. You notice how I said usually. If you live in Phoenix it hasn't been very cool lately. Last week it was in the upper 80's. I think we had a few record breaking days. Now, normally I wouldn't complain about the 80's - I would take them any day over the 100's but, come on, it's November! I'm ready for it to be cold.

Well, I realized yesterday that I shouldn't complain about our 80 degree weather. Larry had a long layover in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He doesn't usually fly this far back east so I thought it would be a nice break from sunny California which is where he usually is. Well, yesterday the high in Harrisburg was 46 degrees. I think he was just a little cold. You have to realize that when he has a layover someplace he doesn't have any transportation. They have to walk everywhere they go. Sometimes they do a lot of walking but yesterday Larry opted to stay in his hotel room and only go out when his stomach demanded it.

He called me while he was at breakfast. There was an interesting item on the menu that he had never heard of. With his breakfast he had the choice of bacon, sausage or scrapple. The waitresses description of scrapple was "left over pork products that are deep fried" YUM! Needless to say he passed on the scrapple and went with the bacon. When I googled this interesting sounding food one of the definitions I found was "Pork Mush - The Pennsylvania Treat". I think he should have tried it. What is it we're always telling our kids "You can't say you don't like it until you've at least tasted it". I think the deciding factor was when the waitress said "it's worse than hotdogs". I probably wouldn't have tried it either after hearing that.

Larry will be home tonight and I think he's grateful for the warmer weather we have here. He has the next 8 days off to enjoy the beautiful Arizona Fall weather. I love it!

2 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

SCRAPPLE!!! One of Jason's friends went on a mission to Pennsylvania and was talking about Scrapple, so my mom brought him some once when she lived in NY. Yeah, I head it was the leftovers after the hot dogs too, so I can't even imagine. I think Larry made a good call. I certainly don't want my pilot eating scrapple before a flight, he'd probably be hogging the bathromm.

Jill said...

Come on Larry, You big baby! I bet if Jason were there he would of tried it. I think I would have just to say I had. Oh well, we will never know if you would have liked it or not :)