November 1, 2008

Halloween

Wheew! What a night. Halloween is deinitely a much more exciting holiday (is it really a holiday?) when it falls on the weekend. My neighborhood was crazy last night. Party's everywhere - the streets lined with cars - and hundreds of trick-or-treaters.

Here's the Hanna gang costume line-up.

Cowgirl Haley

Ninja Nate


Indiana Jones
Jake

You can't be Indiana Jones without that sexy chest hair - could of done without the red kool-aid mustache


Young Indiana Jones
Jaxson
My kids surprised me this year. They pooped out after just a few streets. We had to take a 5 minute break and sit on the curb to rest their feet. Jaxson did much better this year. He only walked into 2 houses as opposed to almost every house last year, he didn't try to take the entire candy bowl and he said "Oh, Thank You" every time. He had a small candy bucket so I brought a bag to empty it into when it filled up. Well, the first time I did this he got really mad at me - guess he thought he wasn't going to get it back.


I should of known not to try it again but he was losing candy all over the place because it was too full. So I took it by force and dumped it in my bag. He refused to do anymore trick-or-treating after that. We walked home where he said to my mom "I don't like trick-or-treating. I don't want to go no more". I guess I ruined it for him - I'm such a mean mom.

Afterwards Haley took off and went to a party with her friends and the boys and I went over to our friends the Woolf's to have soup and hang out. They live in a cul-de-sac where the kids played and the adults sat around the fire pit and visited. Yes I know, it was a bit warm for a fire but believe it or not by the end of the evening we were inching closer to the warmth. It was a great night and we had a lot of fun. The only thing that would have made it better was if Larry could have been here with us. He was sitting in a Hotel room somewhere in California (Fresno I think). We miss you dad.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So sad we missed you guys at the Woolf's! We were there until 8:30 ish?
Our kids were falling apart and way tired!

Leslie said...

I'm so glad you came over! I needed someone to appreciate the fire with me all night. Your kids costumes were great. Love the chest hair and Haley's freckles!
Les.qualari

Wendy Hansen said...

Everybody looks so good. I love the 2 Indiana Joneses, and the chest hair is the best!!! My kids pooped out pretty early this year too. I think it's because, as usual it's turned into a week long thing. Trunk-or-treats, carnivals, school parties, it's out of control.