January 18, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Well, it wasn't exactly a full weekend. It wasn't even 24 hours but it was a getaway with my hunny and it was lots of fun. Totally last minute, I hopped on a flight to Reno Friday afternoon with Larry. I'm lucky to have such great family & friends to help with the daycare and my kids. I couldn't have gone without their help. We stayed at the Circus Circus (compliments of the company since he was working) and I saw my first ever Trapeze Act. It was pretty amazing. We caught a flight out the next morning and were back in Phoenix by noon. Quick, but oh so worth it!

My favorite part about flying with Larry is at the end when we're deplaning I get to kiss the pilot and say "thanks for the ride"! I love having a pilot for a husband.

Best part about the whole trip was it only cost me $40. Now that's my kind of getaway!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome!

YOu guys deserve a whole, full weekend though!

YOu NEVER get a break!

Wendy Hansen said...

That's so funny. Jason & I went on a last minute not even overnight trip this weekend to Ontario. He had to go for work today and I can fly wherever he flies for free because he flies around so much. So my mom took them last night until tomorrow morning. Even quick getaways are nice.

I love the kissing the pilot comment, I wonder what the people behind you think.

Angie P. said...

Way fun!! I'm so glad you got to go!! You know if I were there I would have helped... I'm getting a hankerin' for some mexican...