September 24, 2008

Scrapbooking

All of my scrapbooking supplies have been buried under a pile of dust and cobwebs. A friend came over a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I would teach her how to scrapbook. Yikes! Where to start. I decided if I was going to help her I needed to get organized myself. So, I have spent oodles of hours on my computer & in my picture boxes sorting and organizing. I haven't been very smart over the years with my pictures. Most of them don't have any dates or names on them. It wasn't too hard telling the kids apart but sorting them into years was another story. Sometimes it was a process of elimination. It took forever. I'm a bit sleep deprived right now but it's a great feeling knowing everything is organized chronologically and by child.

Haley was right there next to me a lot of the time. NOT helping but looking and laughing at all the pictures. She would say "Mom the boys were so cute, what happened to them." She kept saying it over and over so I finally said "Haley, you were so cute too, what happened?" I have to say though, I do have cute babies! They are still handsome as ever but they tend to lose some of that "cuteness" as they grow up. I think it's the attitude that slowly develops that kills the "cuteness".

Now that I'm all organized I can actually sit down and do something. I've put together 3 layouts in the last couple of days. These are the first pages I've done in probably 3 years. The Christmas ones are from a swap I did last year. All I had to do was plug in the pictures. You would have thought I could have glued on a few pictures long before now but noooooo. I did the swap and then shoved them in a cupboard. Lame!! My favorite is the Halloween one. They are my favorite pictures to scrap. Feel free to copy. I'm all about copycatting. Maybe I'm being to bold as to assume anyone would want to copy but I do think they turned out pretty cute. If you don't think so just lie to me.






5 comments:

Leslie said...

Super cute! If I ever scrapbooked anymore I'd totally scraplift from you. Good for you getting organized. That is a great feeling.
Les.

Wendy Hansen said...

I love it! I'm so proud, I'm so jealous. You rock!!! They are all very cute, and I'm not lying. The Halloween ones are adorable, that Dumbo costume cracks me up too. Way to go Heather!!!

Jill said...

OK so now you need to come to my house and organize me. :) YOu are my hero, keep up the scrap happy attitude, maybe it will rub off on me.

kp said...

Way cute! Anything i try and come up with ends up being ugly for a lack of a better word.

Houston Family said...

They are really cute. I haven't scrapbooked in forever. One day!! It was fun to have you come with us last night. I am glad that you were able to make it.