June 1, 2009

Memorial Day Project

I took advantage of the Holiday and a day off from daycare to paint my kitchen/Dining area. I've wanted to do this since I moved in but I guess I've been a bit nervous about it and kept putting it off. I don't have much experience in this area (painting wood crafts - YES, painting walls - NO). I have to give all the credit to my friend Bekki. She said she would help and that it would be fast and easy. She brought most of the supplies and spent a couple hours of her holiday to get me started. The finished product is awesome. Red is my most favorite color and it looks great in my kitchen.

Before




My faithful helpers - Haley, Tammie & Bekki


I think for once Larry was happy to go to work. He missed out on all the fun. He looks heartbroken doesn't he?

The finished product



Now I need to decorate those flashy new walls which I am even worse at than painting. Anyone out there have a knack for home decor on a very small budget? Give me a call.

Thanks again to all my helpers. Couldn't have done it without you.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

It looks fabulous! You should've called me...I love to paint. It looks like you guys had it all under control. I do have a thought for decorating, though...call me!

Unknown said...

Looks good! I love red too!

Annika said...

Great! Red kitchens/dining rooms are the best.

Wendy Hansen said...

It looks great. I LOVE red, especially in kitchens, that must be why I have a red kitchen too. Friends that help you paint, on a holiday weekend even, are TRUE friends indeed.