June 15, 2009

Weekend in Greer

We spent the weekend in Greer for my sister Kelly's wedding. The weather was perfect, the scenery was beautiful and the bride was gorgeous!

The wedding took place at the Greer Lodge so we rented a couple of big cabins there and squished the whole family into them. It was crowded and chaotic, which is about the norm for us when we get the whole family together but it is also a lot of fun. We got there Friday evening just in time for me to slip out the door and across the street to the Bachelorette party -- my first one ever -- which I will definitely not go into detail about. Saturday morning after a big breakfast, thank you chef grandma, we did a little decorating. Because the wedding was outside we started to worry when it got windy & rainy. As far as the weather goes, in general, it was awesome -- 70 degrees & overcast with light sprinkles -- I loved it, but for an outside wedding, not so awesome. After the decorating we had a few hours to have a little fun. The girls stayed in the cabin and played games and the boys went fishing. The Lodge has several ponds that you can fly fish in. They stock them so the fish were plentiful and hungry. I think each of the boys caught about 8 or 9 fish.


Jake wouldn't touch the fish so he used a net.

Nate wasn't afraid. He loved his little fish.



I think Larry won the prize for catching the biggest fish. Too bad we had to throw them all back.

My cute kids hanging out at the cabin. They are so goofy!



When it was time for the wedding miraculously the sun came out and the wind died down (a little). Kelly looked so beautiful and happy. The whole wedding was just perfect.





These are her four boys. They walked her down the aisle. They were so sweet in their little tuxes, it actually made me cry.

My sweet little family.


All of my sisters except for Sarah. One of her boys had fallen asleep during the ceremony so she took him back to the cabin. We took another picture later at the reception with her in it but I didn't get one on my camera.


My man in Black.


The reception was in Springerville at the rodeo grounds. We had lots of good food and great music. The kids danced their little hearts out.




Haley danced with her dad.


And I danced with my boys.



And I think they had a little too much fun with the sparkling cidar.



After the reception we took a dip in the hot tub back at the cabin. The air outside was cold and the water was hot.


The next morning while the adults were packing and cleaning up the kids were having fun in the hot tub again. There was a small river that ran right behind the cabin and the kids were running and jumping in the river and then back in the hot tub. Crazy kids -- that water was freezing!



And then a fun game of baseball before the drive home. Isn't that scenery just awesome! I could definitely live up in these mountains. I love the smell of the pine trees and all the green. It's just beautiful.


Congratulations to Kelly & Gerard. We are so happy for you and are grateful that we were able to share this special day with you. We love you!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a fun trip! You and your sisters are so cute.