April 26, 2011

A Bad Day

Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day! It started out with Jake waking up feeling sick, so he stayed home from school. Then Mason fell off my bed (about a 3 foot drop) and hurt his leg. I thought for sure it was broke so off to the urgent care we went (with no insurance). Thanks to my very bestest friend Jill who came over and sat with all the babies so both Larry and I could go. The x-rays showed no break so we were quite relieved. But he won't put any weight on it and he crys if you push on or squeeze his shin. The Dr. said it was a deep tissue bruise but there is no visible sign of an injury anywhere. So for now we are just treating it with Motrin and hopefully in a couple of days he'll be back to scooting around on the floor.

Every time you stand him up he lifts that leg up, its so cute but so sad.




Then later that day I went to pick up Haley from softball practice and she had a fat, bloody lip. I wish I could say that she got clocked in the face by a ball or a bat but unfortunately it's not that cool of a story. She actually got hit with a piece of ice, thrown by the COACH of all people. After practice some of the girls dumped the igloo of ice water over the coach's head. There were big clumps of ice that were stuck together so she picked one up and threw it at the fence thinking it would just shatter and fall to the ground but one small piece made it through and hit Haley who was sitting in the bleachers watching all the action. That coach has one heck of an arm...it hit her so hard that her lip was stuck in her braces. She said they just had to wait for the swelling to go down before they could pry it loose...OUCH!!!!




The inside of her lip looks worse than the outside. It's all purple and cut up. I made her smile for the camera even though she said it hurt to smile...I'm such a mean mom.

It breaks my heart to see my babies hurting. I hope they both heal up fast!!

And I hope today is a much better day!!!

4 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

Oh my goodness Heather, what an aweful day indeed. I hope that everyone gets feeling better very soon. Those pictures of Mason are pathetic. And poor Hailey, I bet that coach feels really bad.

LeAnn said...

what a crappy day sorry Heather that's no fun hope today is better!!

Unknown said...

Can you say law suit? JK! Her poor lip!

And poor Mason. You are the second person who told me their baby had fallen off their bed in 2 days.... OUCH! Hope his leg feels better!

Did those drops help his ears?

Meagan said...

:( Poor baby! Those are sad pictures of him lifting up his leg. But the pics before of him trying to crawl are SO cute!

When Braden fell off our bed, he lucked out and landed flat on his face. For sure it didn't feel good, but at least he was fine after a few minutes of crying.. :(