October 29, 2008

Halloween Carnival

Tonight was my neighborhoods annual Halloween Carnival. I don't know how many years they've been doing this but it's been since I was a teenager at least. It's always been something we look forward to every year. It's even more exciting now that it's in my own front yard. There is a cul-de-sac across the street and that's where the bulk of it is but in the past there have been a couple of games in my yard and driveway. Well, this afternoon I looked out my window and there was a giant slide in my yard. The kids thought that was pretty cool. Jaxson could hardly control himself while he was waiting for it to be time to go outside.



I think the crowd gets bigger & bigger every year. People who have lived here and moved away still come back for the carnival. It's pretty crazy.


They have lots of food to eat and fun little games for the kids.




They had the street blocked off and the train went up and down it.




I know most of my pictures are of Jaxson but he's the only one I saw most of the night. The others collected their tickets and took off. Haley spent most of the night working the snow cone booth and the ring toss booth. Nate also helped at the sucker tree stand. It was a huge success as usual and there was a huge mess to clean up afterwards. I guess that's the down side to living so close - you're stuck with clean-up duty. Good thing we have lots of great neighbors who are willing to pitch in and help. It really didn't take that long. I LOVE MY NEIGHBORHOOD!

5 comments:

Meagan said...

So fun!!!

Wendy Hansen said...

WOW, that is a serious carnival. Like the kind we used to have at school. That looks like a lot of fun, and I think if that slide was in my yard in the morning I would have had to take a turn too, I'm with Jaxson. What a crowd!

Unknown said...

This is our 3rd year there and I think for sure that more and more poeple come every year! It was a blast though!

HILLARY said...

The picture on my blog IS the carnival on your street. We were there. We didn't take pictures at the new wards party.

Positively Creative! said...

ooohhh I wished I lived in your neighborhood, that looks like fun!!