October 11, 2008

My Day

People often ask me how my day went or what do I do all day with these kids. Well, here's a glimpse of what my day is like. I'm currently watching 6 kids and they are all 2 except Kensie - she's 11 months. I really try to focus on developing their physical skills. This is best done OUTSIDE of course. Now that the weather is cooler we can really work hard at this one.



After a while they have to stop and refuel. They're taking a cracker break.

More play. This is one of their favorite things to do. Dig in the dirt and pick the leaves off the neighbor's tree. It drives me crazy because they get filthy, especially after the sprinklers have come on and the dirt is MUD. I have changed many diapers that are full of dirt!


Movie time. I believe the movie of choice today was Madagascar. I usually always have a movie playing and the kids will watch on and off. This just happened to be a time when they all wanted to watch. I didn't pose them like this. They always want to sit together on one couch which also drives me crazy because it always ends with one kid kicking another off or one kid sitting on another so he's crying. I try to tell them that there are 2 couches but they don't get it.

LUNCH! Pizza was on the menu today.


And finally it is 1:00, NAPTIME! There are only 2 that sleep on the couches. They rest are spread out all over the house in pack-n-plays. This is my favorite time of the day. I usually read a book or do a little stamping or just eat my lunch in peace. They all sleep till about 3:30 or 4:00 and then they start going home.

Well, there you have it, a small picture of what my life is like doing daycare. This was a fairly easy day. They're not always so easy. Sometimes they're downright crazy. But I always make it through with my sanity and wake up the next morning to do it all over again.

7 comments:

Wendy Hansen said...

You are amazing! That is hard work, but it is so important. It's so awesome for all of those kids to have a good person taking care of them all day. You are my hero!!!

James and Jenni McBride said...

No doubt about it....You are superwoman!

Unknown said...

wow! SOunds like a crazy, busy day! Where is Gage at?

Jill said...

How do you get all those 2 year olds to nap like that? I cant even get my one 2 year old to nap that well or that long!

I'm sending him to your house for naptime!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

You are a Freakin' Saint Girl!!! I don't know how you do it all. Love all the pics on your blog- jumped from Jill's, hope you are ok with that :) I like the picture of you & Larry at my parents house in StGeorge..
take care
luvs
jodi

Iveta said...

Awesome comments Heather! You are quite popular over there :-) I could use a wonderful daycare like that!
Do you know you can have a book done out of your blog? Check it out!
www.blurb.com
It's cool! :-) Miss you guys all
Love, Iveta

Leslie said...

You have a real talent for organizing and keeping that many two year olds busy and happy!
Les.